No-Bake 5 Ingredient Workout Cookie
This is the perfect fuel for gym-goers who rush to the gym in the morning and try to squeeze in a workout before class or work. Right out of your freezer, this cookie is refreshing, chewy, and sweet, with subtle undertones of peanut butter. If you are feeling generous, split it with your gym buddy. Otherwise, go ahead–enjoy this super healthy “cookie” all for yourself. You deserve it.
Makes 1 cookie.
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tb peanut flour (I use TJ’s brand. If you don’t have this ready, you can substitute crushed almonds, pecans, or walnuts.)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional; have fun with your own mix-ins)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional; have fun with your own toppings)
1. Mash the banana well.
2. Stir in the rolled oats, peanut flour, sesame seeds (or your own mix-ins), cinnamon, and salt.
3. Scoop mixture onto a small plate. Flatten into a round “cookie” shape, somewhere around 6 inches in diameter. Sprinkle sesame seeds (or your choice of toppings) on top; press down slightly so they stick to the cookie.
4. Freeze overnight and enjoy in the morning before a workout.
Definitely play around with other mix-ins! Typical cookie ingredients like raisins, dried berries, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and/or cocoa powder would be delicious. 🙂
Also feel free to add protein powder to enjoy as a POST-workout cookie!
This one has added unsweetened shredded coconut in the mix and is topped with both sesame seeds and cacao nibs: