This is my take on green smoothies.
You see, I can be pretty impatient. I have a habit of sticking food into the freezer for a little bit if I need it chilled, pronto. Thing is, I don’t always remember putting it in there. Once I placed my smoothie in the freezer and forgot to take it out until an hour or so later. Green Titanic was accidentally born, and the rest is history.
- 1/2 banana (frozen if possible)
- 1 celery stalk
- small handful of assorted raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, pecans, etc.) or 1 tablespoon of nut butter
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of hemp protein powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 to 1 cup vanilla soy milk or almond milk
yields approx. 2 cups
Add ingredients to your blender in the above order (so that hardest items are ground up first). Blend until smooth, using as much milk as needed. Pour into a mug, sprinkle on more cinnamon if desired, and place in the freezer for an hour.
If enjoyed after an intense workout, adding the protein powder is recommended. “Eat” this Green Titanic with a spoon, and you will find that it is frozen on the surface like an iceberg, but still thick and creamy below!