Raw Coconut Fig Balls
- 1.5 cups of dried figs, mashed
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground coffee or espresso
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup mixed nuts (almonds and walnuts), finely crushed into small pieces/ “flour”
- extra unsweetened shredded coconut for coating
Step 1: Mash up dried figs, either by hand in a ziplock bag or in a food processor. Fold in ground flax seed, 2 tablespoons of the coconut, ground coffee/espresso, cinnamon, and salt. If the mixture is too dry or hard to mix, add some almond milk, a little bit at a time. Add the nuts and mix well. Aim for a cookie dough consistency and then place the bowl into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Step 2: In a separate bowl or plate have some unsweetened shredded coconut ready for coating. Use hands to roll fig mixture into little balls (~1 inch diameter) and drop them into the coconut. Coat well.
Step 3: The mixture should yield approx. 16 balls. Freeze the balls until ready to serve.