March 23, 2011 4 Comments
Hi everyone 🙂
Let me preface by saying that I can’t believe you’re reading this, especially given my shameful multi-month absence from the blogging world.
I know I haven’t posted in a LONG time, but I just wanted to pop by and make a very important announcement.
No, not the fact that my No-Bake 5 Ingredient Workout Cookie can now be found on NBC New York’s Go Healthy NY Blog. (!!!) I’m honored though, in all seriousness. Thanks for finding value in my teeny tiny blog, Michelle!
Another equally important, potentially life-changing announcement.
I did Zumba. (I went to Zumba? I Zumba’d? Seriously–how does one phrase this activity?)
And all I have to say is
Oh. My. GOODNESS.
Naturally, I had my doubts upon reading the email sent to me 4 hours before the event:
- I’ve never tried Zumba before. I can’t really dance, and I don’t want to make a fool out of myself.
- It was taught by someone who lives in my dorm. Therefore, a student. Umm…. how legit is this thing really?
- It was held in our dorm’s basement. Now mind you, no one goes down there unless they’re doing their laundry. And nobody does their laundry on a Tuesday night.
But after the hour-long session was over, I was dripping in sweat with a huge smile on my face.
ZUMBA IS AMAZING.
I don’t remember the last time I had that much fun exercising.
My doubts? Gone.
- There’s no need to be embarrassed. No one cared that I couldn’t “dance” or get the moves totally right. At the end of the day, everyone was just moving and enjoying themselves! To be honest, I was still a little self-conscious at first, but once I saw other people messing up and just laughing it out, so did I. I found it hilarious every time I was twirling in the opposite direction or moving my arm incorrectly. The good thing about mistakes is that they made me focus on my body more and try to improve my form.
- The girl who led the session is a certified instructor. Not to sound creepy, but she has an amazing body and can definitely work it. 😛 I also loved that she was always smiling and cheering us on. Many of us had never done Zumba before, so her words of encouragement were definitely comforting and reassuring.
- I actually didn’t mind that it was in the basement. The only weird parts were when we girls were shakin’ what our mommas gave us and these two random dudes popped up (oddly enough, I think they were down here to do homework). Not awkward at all haha.
Our instructor told us that this will become a weekly thing. Now I have something else to look forward to every week. 😀
I fueled up before the sesh with carbs: a slice of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread with PB flour “peanut butter” (my stash is slowly dwindling :(). After I came back and stretched some more, I enjoyed a protein bowl of plain Greek yogurt, scoop of pumpkin, crumbled up half of a Peanut Butter Larabar, and lots of cinnamon. So good!
No pictures because I was feeling lazy. I’ve been a horrible blogger lately, can’t you tell?
Before I go, I wanted to thank you all so much for your feedback on my last post. I know I kinda left with a cliffhanger regarding a certain NYC restaurant and whatnot. I promise that will be my next topic of discussion. I also promise that it will be filled with mouthwatering pictures, unlike this sad, empty post. (What? Zumba isn’t exciting enough?)
Therefore, I shall leave you with this, to throw some ugly in the mix.
What do I do with this? o.o Besides announcing on Facebook that I’ve discovered an alternative career path as a sweet potato farmer…
Time to get started on my Stats homework. Then sleep soon, I hope. YAWN. Good night!